Thursday 14 December 2017

Thursday 14/12/2017 - Viaduct Cost Cutter - Campbell Lake

A couple of month’s back I added myself and Geoff Francis onto the reserve list for the today’s’ Shiplate Xmas match being run by Chris Rolfe. I managed to get in, but unfortunately Geoff didn’t. It was Geoff’s birthday today (55) and I had promised him I would go fishing with him, so I cancelled Shiplate for me and instead booked us both into the Viaduct cost cutter. A bit disappointing as it would have been Geoff’s first visit to Shiplate. Always next Spring.

First stop Canards Well where Geoff tried to do his Two Chew imitation. Not too bad.

As I said to Geoff if you listen to the BBC weather you would end up staying home every time. Forecast high winds and heavy rain, in fact it wasn’t too bad with the wind in the West it was blowing straight down the Lakes with the odd shower.

Only Campbell in today so I was hoping for a peg on one of the near end pegs 132 to 129 being very much appreciated. In to the Coffee tin and out comes peg 123. Umm! Birthday boy drew peg spit peg 128, but found an eye had broken off his waggler rod which would limit him today.
 
So Ronnie’s with some Perch today then, my target weight 10lb. So set up just the waggler to fish single caster over caster. Even though the wind wasn’t that conducive the presentation wasn’t too bad. The upshot was I caught Ronnie’s to 3 oz for most of the day with a run of four perch halfway through to 1lb.

I weighed 12lb 8oz for second in the Silvers. As I won this section with 10lb last Sunday from peg 125 I was satisfied with this - plenty of bites.

The match was won by Silverfox team mate Adrian Jeffery (pictured right with his catch) from peg 118 with 45lb. Adrian caught on his favoured 1/2oz Arlesey Bomb with a large piece of coloured hair rigged meat cast just short of peg 121. Arian’s weight was made up of four decent Carp – one well into double figures. Fair play to Adrian there is no way I could wait 5 ½ hours for four bites, special skill me thinks.

The Silvers was won by Steve Jackson (pictured right holding a 3 1/2 lb Perch) from peg 112 with 21lb. Steve caught Perch and Bream to 3 ½ lb on the waggler. Well done matey.

Blime 78 booked into the Viaduct Christmas Match.

Full Result:

  1. Adrian Jeffery 45-0-0 peg 118
  2. Steve Jackson 21-0-0 peg 112
  3. Paul Dare 15-11-0 peg 110
Top Silvers:

  1. Steve Jackson 21-0-0 peg 112
  2. Mike Nicholls 12-08-0 peg 123
Weigh Sheet:


No comments: