Thursday 13 July 2017

Wednesday 12/07/2017 - Windmill Fishery - Shaun Townsend Just Turn Up Evening Match - Match Lake

I watched Fish O Mania last Saturday which left me with a couple of things on my chest. There were lots of comments on social media afterwards regarding suitability of venue due to it being “Peggy”. Well yes a Donut venue is not an ideal shape for match fishing, but excellent for filming. Stocking biggish Carp just before the match was the wrong thing to do; they won’t spread out anytime soon. A panic move I think. Then there was Andy Power catching 8Kg in 30 minutes and coming up on the rails and there was no filming of this period which would have been great viewing for anglers who don’t get to see him. But what got me wound up was Keith Arthur describing a fishing method as “SHALLA” as if was some new type of match angling method. I know Keith’s a Londoner but I’m sure he can say “SHALLOW” phonetically correct if he wanted. I have also seen the word “Shalla” written in other media. Let’s get the word right SHALLWE. Still well done Sky et el. Hope Neil McKinnon’s back next year to add some calm balance.

I decided to fish the Windmill evening match drawing peg 9 again which can be a good edge peg. So with only paste and pellet in the bag I would be fishing short all night. The upshot was I had two early Carp and three late on for 32lb 10oz and no where. Although I had fish showing all night in the margin I couldn’t catch them I think because there wasn’t enough of them to compete for the feed.

What was interesting I foul hooked a Carp and came back with a large scale which I put on the bait tray. Later I hooked and landed a big Carp and had time to have a good look at it and found the scale on the bait tray matched it perfectly – the same Carp!! A clue to how many feeding fish were in the peg.

Some say he has to have an end peg at Windmill because he is blind in one eye, all I know its The Trig again. Craig Edmonds won the match (pictured right) with 94lb 5oz from end peg 16. Craig caught on meat fishing both left and right margins.

The Accidental Silvers was won by Magician Dave Willmott with 15lb from end peg 11.

Full Result:

  1. Craig Edmonds 94-05-0 peg 16
  2. Glenn Bailey 89-08-0 peg 7
  3. Martin Rayet 69-0-0 peg 20
Accidental Silvers:

  1. Dave Willmott 15-0-0 peg 11
Weigh Sheet:


No comments: