Monday 3 July 2017

Sunday 03/07/2017 - Tony Rixon Float Only - Round Three - Landsend Fishery - Specimen, Match and John's Lake

If Bela was to go on Holiday he would probably go to Spain with his partner. I travelled with Two Pots today; both enjoyed a scrummy Landsends breakfast. Just Mister here today.

Plenty of pegs I wanted to avoid so were reasonably happy with peg 21 on Match Lake even though I wouldn’t see the sun all day. For company I had gentleman Pete Notton on peg 22 and Clint Wojtyle on peg 19. Unfortunately for Steve Tucker and Shaun Townsend they were pegged opposite Clint and got ripped apart via the Polish Internet radio which played the “Wojtyle Talk Show” all day. If anyone chirped in they also got some.

Last match on this Lake I had a torrid time fishing for Silvers foul hooking Carp fishing expander over micro so a different approach today choosing to fish unconscious red maggot on the hook and feed live reds at top-set plus one on the Ronnie rig. I did set a 4x10 F1 Winter to fish top-set plus three to give the expander over micro another try out. Also the usual margin paste float for top-set plus three down the LH side for later in the match.

Started on the Ronnie rig and was surprised to be catching small perch regularly with the odd Ronnie. After an hour some better fish moved in landing two F1’s, four decent Skimmers and a beautiful Golden Tench. In feeding the better fish into the peg I also attracted the Carp and started to foul hook a few. I did get two out. So I gave the expander over micro a try. I seem only to feed a very small amount of micro and the peg becomes fizzical and as previously experienced started foul hooking Carp. I gave this up and tried to get the Silvers back on the Ronnie rig but they had had enough. So experimented by loose feeding micro over the Ronnie rig and there was so much fizz I thought I had started a volcano. So went over it with the paste hoping it might be Skimmers – not really I had two more Carp and even more Foulers. With two hours to go time to try the margin where I was expecting to bag on carp on the paste. However, I couldn’t get them lined up in any numbers adding only seven Carp which included a decent Linea, losing one around the metal post on the platform due to some bad angling. Whilst fishing the margin I kept telling my self I should be fishing the paste out in front where the Carp were still fizzing away. The torment of match angling – I will never know if that would have been the case.
 
I finished with 17lb 8oz of Silvers and my Eleven Carp weighing 67lb 8oz for a total of 80lb and second in section. Match Lake fished hard for Silvers so I was hoping to get into the Silvers money, alas not, got beat twice of Specimen Lake ending third and another “One Out Of”. It’s very difficult to frame at this venue at the moment unless you can wield 16 or more metres of pole to the far Island. Because of under cutting and the low water levels the island is starting to crumble. Can’t wait until is disappears out of reach so we all have to compete on equal terms.

The match was won by Craig Edmonds (pictured right with some of his catch) from inform peg 15 with 202lb 14oz. Craig caught at 16 metres to the Island in 6 inches of water fishing banded 6mm over loose fed 6mm hard pellet, feeding 2 ½ pints throughout.

The Silvers was won by Des Shipp (pictured above with the match winner) with 32lb 12oz from corner peg 32 on Specimen Lake. Des caught some big F1’s and Skimmers by initially at 16 metre using meat over pinged meat. Later Des switched to 14.5 metres with worm hook bait over micro. There aren’t many sports you get to fish against England Internationals so most of us are glad to see him at our matches even though you know there is going to one less payout available. I think we all know “To be the best you have to beat the best”.

Full Result:

  1. Craig Edmonds 202-14-0 peg 15
  2. Bob Gullick 146-0-0 peg 29
  3. Leon Hubbard 138-02-0 peg 1
  4. Dave Romaine 125-04-0 peg 16
  5. Dave White 121-02-0 peg 26
  6. Paul Elmes 117-14-0 peg 9
Top Silvers:

  1. Des Shipp 32-12-0 peg 32
  2. Paul Faiers 20-06-0 peg 39
  3. Mike Nicholls 17-08-0 peg 21
Weigh Sheets:










No comments: