Monday 17 July 2017

Friday 14/07/2017 - Bristol Rovers v Bristol City - Windmill Fishery - Match and Carp Lake

Timothy Ford organised a Bristol Rovers versus Bristol City fishing evening match at Windmill Fishery with 11 anglers on each side. The match was split with 10 anglers on the Carp Lake and 12 on the Match Lake.

I find evening matches hard as they finish at my bedtime! I was exceptionally tired today because Geoff Francis and I had a heavy meal at the Folly before hand. With two matches over the weekend I decided I would have a steady match.

The two teams lined up – The Gas pictured below.



And the Shitheads – Pictured below.


 Team Manger Timothy drew us odd number pegs, with me pulling peg 9, a number I have been pulling a lot lately at this fishery. However, Dave Haines fooled the draw Gods by re-pegging it putting me on perm peg 22. It can be a decent peg. I have had my biggest weight off it. Two rigs a 0.3g Stu Barnett paste float for the margins and a 4x12 Winter for meat at top-set plus two in 4 foot of water. I started on the paste in the margin and had one Skimmer and one small Carp so after an hour switched to the meat and caught some Skimmers until the Carp moved in, which got a bit frustrating as I had too many foulers. What surprised me was how ferocious the bites were, very similar to the paste.

Just before the end Rod Poole (UTG) brought every angler a tin of cold Thatcher’s Gold which was provided by the Fishery Management – Terry Smith – a nice gesture and well received by all – Thanks.

I was credited with 64lb but think the weigh sheet totalling was incorrect - my fault for not checking.

The match was won by Martin Rayett (pictured right with the Carp Lake winner Geoff Francis) with 103lb 12oz from peg 4 (perm peg 8). Martin trashed around shallow with pellet before coming short with meat where he caught most of his fish. I could see Martin and I must say he fished a good match – well dome matey.

Result Bristol Rovers 530lb 12oz – City 170lb 11oz. Umm enough said – UTG

Individual Result:

  1. Martin Rayet 103-12-0 peg 4 Shithead
  2. Paul Elmes 85-08-0 peg 1 UTG
  3. Glenn Bailey 77-14-0 peg 3 UTG
  4. Dave Haines 73-03-0 peg 5 UTG
  5. Mike Nicholls 64-0-0 peg 9 UTG
  6. Geoff Francis 61-07-0 peg 19 UTG
Overall Results by Lake and Teams:





















Weigh Sheets:





















No comments: