Sunday 11 December 2016

Sunday 11/12/2016 - Viaduct Silvers League - Final Round Six - Campbell, Carey and Lodge Lakes

First stop Shipham Café where Mr and Mrs Stung-Buttocks joined us for breakfast.

Chatting with Bela on the rest of the way to the fishery included the mention of pegs 132 and 131. Bela was concerned because I had mentioned these pegs and we might draw them again, just as if! In to the draw coffee tin, not first today I was one behind Andy Power who pulled 81, one crap peg gone then. In I go and because Des Shipp wasn’t fishing today I pulled a peg he would have otherwise drawn peg 69 on Lodge, a decent peg at last.

Can you believe it Bela drew peg 131 again; there wasn’t anything I could say to him, not even there are worse pegs because there isn’t. That said Bela did well catching 6lb from it today which would have put him second in section last match!

For company on peg 68 I had league leader Matt Tomes and on peg 70 Kev Bailey. I did fancy the waggler today so that was the first thing I erected with a 3 BB insert with a no 11 and no 12 down the line to a 808 hand tied to 0.1 G Line. Next was the short Ronnie rig then the 4 metre whip and finally a 4x10 F1 float to fish at maximum length if 13 metres – hoped that if I used it the float would keep going under.

I had some GB left from Thursdays match so damped it down and fed it all at 13 metres towards opposite peg 62 laced with Pinkie and caster. I planned to leave this for at least 2 hours. I started on the short Ronnie rig with single caster over loose caster and caught about 2lb including a 1lb Hybrid before they backed off, so on to the 4 metre whip and kept a few Ronnie’s to 3oz coming – no sign of the tiny Ronnie’s today. I noticed that there were a few decent Skimmers topping over the rope toward the disabled peg – which isn’t unusual for this Lake. So was keen to try the waggler, but before I did I wasted 5 minutes over the GB line with single caster, but due to the opposite trees disrupting the reflected light I couldn’t see the float that well. So it was on to the waggler with single caster over loose fed caster. I had a great hour in the middle of the match catching seven Skimmers to 4lb a few small Hybrid and some Ronnie’s. The waggler I selected was working well, but the wind picked up and found it too light to pull the line straight to it, so I snapped on a small bodied waggler which did what I wanted but although it was right for dragging line it wasn’t as good fishing off bottom, hence the fishing slowed. I think I was too premature in changing because the wind dropped in the last hour and I couldn’t be bothered to change back (there was a time I would have set up two wagglers). I had only one more decent Skimmer and one foul hooked Carp before the all out.
 
I weighed 30lb 3oz for a match win (pictured right with my catch) and pleased not to have spoiled it for Matt Tomes who got his second in section to win the overall league. Well done matey a popular winner. As for my league I finished 12th the best I could hope for from some of the draws, beating each side on very match. It was an excellent league with a strong line up and well run by Matt Long. Be back next year.

Full Result (on the Day):

  1. Mike Nicholls 30-02-0 peg 69
  2. Gabe 22-0-0 peg 78
  3. Paddy 17-05-0 peg 62
  4. Bob Gullick 16-03-0 peg 128
  5. Kev Newman 16-02-0 peg 100
  6. Sam Powell 15-0-0 peg 88
Weigh Sheets:

















































Overall League Placings(Top three pictured below)















2 comments:

tony rixon,s days out said...

I think we need to talk Mr Nicholls, regards Mrs Stung-buttocks.

Unknown said...

Dont know about Mr Stung Buttocks, I can see you becoming Mr Nobollo*ks