Sunday 1 November 2015

Sunday 01/11/2015 - Ivy House Open - Both Match Lakes

Talking to Alan Oram at last Thursdays match he told me that Ivy House was starting to fish harder, so time for me to visit again as I like it when it fishes hard as it prevents the worm merchants buying their fish and evens things out a bit more. Bela was also up for it.

At 06:44 this morning I had a text from Bela explaining that he had a text in the early hours informing him that his Dad had been unwell so he naturally had to go and visit with him, on my own again today then.

There was a mist all the way there (venue pictured above right), however, by the time we started the sun was out and all change (pictured right view from my peg) not conducive for Skimmer fishing with it also being flat calm.

The plan was to fish for the Silvers so into the draw tin and out comes ball 17, which put me on the causeway. I had a look at the last six results from the peg and it didn’t look good for Silvers weights. That said you don’t know if the anglers pegged there had fished for them. The area does hold Skimmers.

I set up a 4x16 Jolly to fish initially at 10 metres then later out to 11.5. I also set up a 4 metre whip with a tiny waggler to fish at 5 metres with maggot hook bait over GB. As it happened I didn’t have a bite on this so it was sin binned.

The whole match was spent on the two lines fishing semi-hard 4’s over wetted micro. The shorter line yielding Skimmers and the longer line some Carp including three foul hooked “Stockies”.

I landed two proper Carp and two Stockies for 23lb 12oz and my Silvers weighed 15lb 14oz mostly made up of pounders for second in the Silvers and my total weight of 39lb 10oz put fifth overall.

With 15 minutes to go the venue switched from bright sunshine to a dense mist all within about 2 minutes - amazing.

The match was won by Martin Lenaghan (pictured right playing one of his Carp) with 59lb 10oz from peg 3. Martin caught at 16 metres at ¾ depth using 6mm hair rigged 6mm pellet over loose fed 4’s. He fed about half a pint all match.

Runner up was Smiffy from peg 20 with 51lb 2oz (also pictured right landing one of his Carp).

The Silvers was won by regular Dick Young (pictured right with the match winner) with 21lb 8oz from in form Silvers peg 11.

Very enjoyable day.

Full Result:

  1. Martin Lenaghan 59-10-0 peg 3
  2. Alan Smith (Smiffy)  51-02-0 peg 20
  3. Paul O’Connor (Red) 45-02-0 peg 38
  4. Chris Cottrell 40-14-0 peg 40
  5. Mike Nicholls 39-10-0 peg 17
  6. Dick Young 39-0-0 peg 11
 Top Silvers:

  1. Dick Young 21-08-0 peg 11
  2. Mike Nicholls 15-14-0 peg 17
Weigh Sheet:


No comments: