Thursday 10 September 2015

Thursday 10/09/2015 - Harescombe Fishery - Cost Cutter - Match Lake

At home drinking a cup of tea the local BBC news came on warning that the M4 between the M32 and M5 was slow. So I set off 10 minutes earlier than planned. However, when I got to the M4 the speed limits were just changing up to 60 mph so no delays and arriving early at the fishery. I sat in the car for a while admiring the surroundings. The weather was to be a perfect autumn’s day with plenty of sunshine to come; I love this time of year.

In for breakfast going for the big one because the Special One was out of the kitchen for the day, I did recycle the black pudding on to Tony Rixon’s plate.

The draw was slightly delayed as we waited for Stu Barnet to negotiate the Cow movement along the lower road.

In to the draw bag and out comes peg 17 which is situated on the far bank end but one peg. No emotion except to find Tony Rixon on favoured peg 29. I was able to park directly behind my peg making setting up easy. For company I had Stu Barnet on peg 19.

Basically I caught 30 % of my fish on the 4x14 Jolly on the drop with no 11 shotting in the old logarithmic style at 4 metres and 70% on the 4x8 Drennan wire stem Chop in the LH margin, also on the drop. Every fish was caught on 6mm meat fished over pellet.

With what I thought was an hour to go I got up for a pee. As soon as I sat back down the duck all out call was sounded by Terry. The matches are 5 hours and not 6!!

My F1’s weighed in at about 110lb and the rest of the 10 different species weighed 22lb 6oz for a match winning weight of 132lb 6oz (some of my catch pictured right).
This is a wonderful mixed fishery which attracts loads of pleasure anglers on the three other pleasure Lakes dotted around the farm. The pleasure peg fee of £8 and is worth every penny.

Tony Rixon did scrape in second with 117lb 6oz (pictured right with a Selfie with the match winner). See his blog for the details.

Full Result:

  1. Mike Nicholls 132-06-0 peg 17
  2. Tony Rixon 117-06-0 peg 29
  3. Terry Girdlestone 112-14-0 peg 11
  4. Mike Goodlock 90-02-0 peg 90-02-0 peg 14
  5. Stewart Barnet 88-06-0 peg 19
  6. John Skelti 85-06-0 peg 3
Weigh Sheet:


No comments: